There are all kinds of tropers in the world, with a variety of skills and from a variety of backgrounds. They could be butchers, bakers or candlestick makers, but occasionally a troper will not only report on tropes and read them, but they will create them as well.
These people are often refered to as Paratropers . . . by me, at least. More people might use that term if it goes mainstream, but for now it's just me. Anyway, this Troper at least, sometimes will refer to these people as "paratropers".
From the Greek prefix "para-" meaning beside and the Latin-based neologism "troper" meaning one who tropes - a paratroper is a content creator that is a troper as well.
This is the ultimate proof that Tropes are not Bad. Not only are they fascinating reading, often funny or informative, but they can be used by creators to create more interesting songs, stories, scripts and shows. Of course, this is no guarantee that troping is beneficial for your art.
This can be the cause of Trope Overdosed and a lot of In-Jokes in their work. But this doesn’t mean that a paratroper must be good just because they trope; If a paratroper is That Troper it might even explain why their writing is so bad.
Can be related to Most Fanfic Writers Are Fans.
Not to be confused with paratrooper. Or a pair o' tropers. Or a parot roper. or a pirate troper. Or an overly long gag.
- Duke Forever is a Doctor Who-inspired fanfic serial written by a troper, who reads and writes trope pages, both real and satirical.
- Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way Vs Canon is written by Cookie VanDeKamp, a troper inspired by the infamy of bad/crack/trollfic My Immortal.
- The Fanmake Blooper Series is (so far) a trilogy written by Psyga315, as a parody filmfic.
- Kyon Big Damn Hero is a crossover fic of Haruhi Suzimiya and TV Tropes; written by Brian Randall, and logic would dictate that he is a troper.
- Weiss Reacts is written by ElfCollaborator
- The Wizard in the Shadows is written by a troper
- Big Fish's screenwriter, John August, is well aware of TV tropes.
- Chronicle's scriptwriter, Mark Landis, if not a troper, is at the very least a lurker.
- Priya Sridhar, writer of Carousel, is a highly dedicated troper.
- Jim Butcher, writer of The Dresden Files is aware of TV tropes.
- Dan Harmon, Showrunner of Community is a confirmed troper.
- Wil Wheaton, of Star Trek: TNG fame, is not only an all-around nice guy, but is a troper as well.
- It is assumed that at least one member of Machinae Supremacy is a troper, due to the content and titles of their music, but this is as yet unconfirmed.
- "Darwin's Soldiers"
- Echo Chamber, as a show about tropes, is obviously created by tropers.
- Robert "MovieBob" Chipman, creator and stra of The Game Overthinker is a documented troper.
- Obviously, Anita Sarkeesian's two web series Tropes vs. Women and Tropes vs. Women in Videogames make it clear that she's a troper.
- "Whateley Universe" Some of the authors are Tropers, and will refer to tropes by name. A lot.
- John Kossler, author of The Word Weary, is a confirmed troper.