Wednesday 12 December 2012

This is the End . . .

Feel free to humm the Doors song, where you deem it appropriate. Because this is the end, my friend. Beyond this point there is nothing. It's over . . .

It's odd, in it's own way. From a poetic standpoint every end is a beginning. One ends, another begins, and although I look forward to what lies ahead, I'm a little sad that what once was is now over. But, folks, this is the end of the Absurd Word Nerd blog.

. . .

The front end.

You see, sometimes, an end is literally a beginning. Dictionary says:
End /end/ n. 1. The last part or extremity, lengthwise, of anything that is longer than it is broad. 2. The furthermost imaginable place or point.
Yes, it is all over. I will end my seclusion from the great wide blogosphere by diving headfirst into it, and this is the furthermost point towards the beginning of my blog. So let's get started!

It's great to have you.

My name is Matt, and I am the Absurd Word Nerd. I love writing. I love reading. I love knowing what words mean and where they come from. I love stories. I love fiction. I love music, books and poetry.

I LOVE WORDS.

So this blog is all about words. But that doesn't exactly narrow the scope. You see, everything has to do with words. Communication is the very foundation of society. My only regret is that I am less versed in 'foreign' words, as I am biased towards my native tongue. But that doesn't mean I can't talk about them.

I've already introduced my beautiful friend, the Dictionary. Since I like to be clear about my words, it will pop up from time to time.

The word of today was, of course, "END". I wasn't entirely confident to use that as a starting word, but, I guess, it was merely a means to an end. No, I'm sorry, that was not the last pun you will ever read here. I hope to have more Words of the Day in the future. But what I most look forward to is showing off some of my writing. Because, at the end of the day, the real purpose of this blog is to write. I love fiction, and writing, and one of the ways to improve your writing is to keep at it and write every day. And while I used to do that in my spare time, this public format will force me to make things interesting.

The end is calling me, now. I hope to pick this up again real soon, so drop in from time to time. As the song says "Get here and we'll do the rest". I have some plans for upcoming posts, but if you're looking for something out of an Absurd Word Nerd blog, feel free to drop me a line. After all, this blog is limitless and free. But one day, I may desperately be in need of some stranger's hand . . . I'm not sure if that reference worked out as well as I'd hoped. But that's all he wrote. So until next time, I'm the Absurd Word Nerd and this is

       THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make suggestions, ask questions & comment . . .
I would love to read your words.